Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter to You!

So, today is Easter. Another holiday. You know how much I love holidays by now, don't you?

Easter is much like Christmas Eve for me. My sister goes with her husband's family, my mom goes with her husband's family, and who knows where my dad goes. So that leaves me alone. Not complaining or asking for pity, it just is what it is.

I'm religious and I believe Easter is an important holiday. Jesus died for my sins and he is resurrected on this day. We should celebrate. I don't go to church because I don't want to go alone. Heck, I don't want to go even if I had someone to go with. (Ed.'s note: Thanks, Ursuline! I owe that to you!)

The other thing about Easter is candy. Eggs. Kids running around crazy on sugar trying to find more sugar. I love candy - one look at me and you can see that. But I didn't buy any candy this year. I'm not going there. I work with kids all week and I just don't think I could handle the crazy kids needing candy thing today.

So what will I do on Easter? It's not exciting, but here it is:
  1. I will not get dressed up - I plan to wear sweat capris and a t-shirt the entire day. No Sunday best for me.
  2. I will not eat candy - unless I have an episode and I have to go buy a Reese's peanut butter egg - it could happen, but I'm not planning on it.
  3. I will eat alone - I'll make something yummy and enjoy it by myself. Hey, at least I don't have to share my wine if I eat alone.
  4. I'll have a peaceful day doing things that need to get done (bills, Tivo, some work, reading my book, napping, etc.)
  5. I'll finish "No Country for Old Men" - I've had that DVD for 13 months and just watched the first half last night. Good movie - why the hell have I waited for a year to watch it?

I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

No comments: