Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rats in the Land of Milk and Honey..... ah, the blasphemy!!!


I live in Frisco - where almost everything is less than 10 years old. It's nice to have so many new clean places to go. But apparently there's a price to pay for this newness......
RATS!!
Let me explain..... last December, I had to get a new radiator for my car - while working on it, they noticed some rodent droppings in the engine and said it's common for that to happen in the cold winter months. I was totally grossed out!!
So yesterday morning, I wake up and do my morning routine. I leave for work, get in my car, and am greeted with the most FOUL smell!! Something has died in my car, I have determined...... I drive to work, knowing I'll stop by the car place on the way home.
I leave work and head to the car place, explaining my situation and my concern. They take my car and look under the hood and check it out. Here is the conversation that ensued:
Billy Bob (missing teeth, but has one hot handlebar mustache): You park your car near a pee-can tree?
Mo: Yes, why?
BB: Looky here what I found under your hood! (holding up pecan shells)
Mo: How the hell did they get into there?
BB: Well, it appears that there was a rat living between your transmission and your engine. There's droppings and these here pee-can shells as evidence. He's not there now, he probably fell out when you started driving and his hair singed on the engine. You know that rats don't smell too good, dontcha?
Mo: Gross - I'm so disgusted by that!!
BB: It's real common here in Frisco - them are rats everywhere. They done ate the wiring under my hood while I parked my truck here at work. Everyone thinks Frisco is all nice and new, but them are rats everywhere!
Mo: So what do I do? Do my wires look chewed up?
BB: I checked all of your wiring and everything looks good. Well, you got you a dog?
Mo: Yes?
BB: Wear some knee high pantyhose for several days and don't wash them. Then collect some of your dog hair and put it in the hose. Tie it up, bring it here to me, and I'll put it under your hood. Them rats won't come near here if they smell dog.
Mo: Okay, uh, great... thanks! But what about the smell?
BB: You just gonna have to wait until the hair burns off and the smell goes away. It'll take a day or so, but if you smell it real bad, come right here, we might catch the rat in the engine.
Mo: Lovely.
So today as I'm driving to work, I almost wreck my car because I'm watching in the rear view mirror to see if a rat is gonna fall out! But the smell is almost gone, so I'm hoping that my rat adventure is over..... for now.......
Beware, fellow Frisco neighbors....

No comments: