Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oh, Bill & Melinda Gates, may I please be your next beneficiary?

I'm glad that I went to Ursuline for high school..... it was a great experience. I've driven by since I've graduated in 1988, but today was the first time I've gone in the building in 21 years. Melinda French Gates ('82), wife of Bill Gates, is an alum of our great school. Obviously, they aren't hurting for money and donated money to build an incredible addition to the campus. Today they had an Open House for us to go and see the new Ursuline - trust me, this isn't the Ursuline I went to from '84-'88.

This is the new entrance, the perimeter is gated and they now have a security guard stationed to let you in and out. The old sign where our yearbook staff took our picture, is long gone.
Our class graduating picture in main hall. Each class has their picture up. It's cool to look and see the ladies who have attended this school. It's still hard for me to believe that in May, it'll be 22 years since I graduated from UA.

This is the new French Family Science, Math and Technology Center. It's amazing!! They tore down the old Brescia and Merici halls to build this. They are redoing the downstairs rooms of main hall and under the old library since they were the old science labs. The new labs in this building are absolutely amazing!
I took my sister Sarah (who did not go to Ursuline) with me. I walked around, in awe, at the new Ursuline. It's amazing. Of course, the price tag is amazing ($17K a year, it was $2-3K a year when I went there).
I know that Bill and Melinda are always looking for new endeavors to support. And I know they value and support education. So I'd like to let them know that I'm available for them to finance my Ph.D., send me around the world to look at schools and how they work, or just to finance my retirement. Where do I apply?

No comments: