Monday, October 5, 2009

Our New Season of Dallas Summer Musicals is revealed!!

I just got my renewal for my Dallas Summer Musical season tickets in the mail today. I can't wait!! So here's the new list:

1. The Phantom of the Opera - February 17-March 14 - This is the first one in our series and I'm surprised by how early it is. But I can't wait - I've seen the movie, but never the musical... I'm excited!!

2. Xanadu - April 6-18 - The last time I was in NYC in July 2007, I wanted to go and see Xanadu, but it didn't work out. So now I'll get to see it!! I'm so excited about this one!! Xanadu was one of my most favorite 80's movies!

3. Little House on the Prairie - May 11-23 - Melissa Gilbert is starring as Ma, but I think this will be the throwaway musical for this year (like Happy Days and Cash in the previous seasons). But who knows, maybe it'll be really good!! Maybe......

4. Wicked - May 26-June 27 - I've never seen Wicked, so I'm also very excited about this musical as well. It should be so much fun!

5. Dreamgirls - June 30-July 18 - Another one where I've seen the movie (and loved it), but haven't seen the show. I'm looking forward to this one as well!!

6. Shrek The Musical - Sept. 28-Oct. 16 - This is the State Fair one which is usually geared toward kiddos. I've never seen any of the Shrek movies, but I'm sure this will be a cute musical as well.

In addition, Rain is coming back! This is the Beatles tribute band, and one of my favorite shows from last season. I'm taking my Dad for his birthday because it's right around his birthday and I know he'll enjoy the music.

All in all, I'm very pleased by the upcoming season. This season had some highlights (Legally Blonde, The Wizard of Oz) and some disappointments (Happy Days, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang), but I think next year will be even stronger!! Woo hoo!!

Only 4 months until Phantom!!

1 comment:

unt grad said...

too bad Gerard Butler won't be in it.