Saturday, October 3, 2009

What the fork!?!?!!?

Think back to when you were in junior high..... for me, it's 1982-84 and I'm at Forest Meadow Junior High..... what did you like to do late at night on weekends? Why, wrap houses of course! How many houses did you wrap? I wrapped many in my time. I also like the status that a few stray strands of TP high in the trees would bring to you, letting everyone know your house was the chosen house.

Flash forward about 27 years, it's Friday night, and you are bored.... so what do you do? Wrapping houses is too expensive, plus with the threat of rain, you don't want to make a huge mess.

You fork.

Forking is the art of using plastic cutlery to create festive yard art in the front yard. My two partners in crime and I forked 8 houses on Friday night. We started at 11 PM and ended about 2:15 AM. We forked in Denton County (Little Elm, Pilot Point) and Collin County (McKinney, Frisco). Some people got forked because they skipped a get together (MW and NG), some got forked because they wouldn't go with us forking (TK, CE, and HH), and some people got forked because we liked you, we knew where you lived, and we thought what the hell (S&MB, DM, and KR).

My mom tried to give me grief that a elementary principal shouldn't fork houses, but why not? I'm not a cloistered nun - I'm allowed to have fun. We didn't hurt anyone, we didn't do any damage, if anything... we aerated some yards for people!!!)

I haven't heard from all of the victims, but I'm not worried. Oh, they say payback is hell and all that.... whatever.....

Hit me with your best forkin' shot!!

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Hilarious!!! Next time, take a gum drop--tear it in half, smosh them on car windows and stick candy to them. It makes a great car decoration!