Sunday, October 31, 2010

Epiphany

Spending the last several days here in the woods has given me a lot of
time to do some thinking. It's been cathartic.

I think when you move, you grieve. You grieve your old job, your old
home and your old friends. Even though I chose to move and I don't
regret the move, you still grieve. I don't think it's a bad thing, I
think it's necessary.

Going home last week really made it feel like I don't live there
anymore. Dallas isn't my home. But it's a great place to visit. And
many friends live there. My family lives there.

I'm done grieving. It's a new beginning. I love where I live, I'm
going to get out and enjoy it more now that the weather has cooled
down. My job is coming along, slowly but surely. I'm making friends
and reconnecting with people I haven't talked to in a long while.

Not to be cheesy, but like the song says, the future is unwritten.
(Ed.'s note: Let's hope I don't end up like Heidi!! haha)

1 comment:

unt grad said...

I'm glad you're doing well. I've visited down to Austin several times and wonder what it would be like to live in that area. I know that it would be hard leaving, but maybe a fresh start somewhere would be good for all of us.

Keep posting!

Tracey