Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Health Insurance Open Enrollment Time!!



So this is the time of year where we update our insurance for the upcoming year......

Medical insurance.... check!
Dental insurance..... check!
Vision insurance..... check!
Long term disability insurance..... check!
Cancer insurance.... check!

(Ed's note: I hate the words "benefits" and "cafeteria plan" when talking about insurance. I throw up a bit in my mouth each time I hear them during our insurance meetings.)

I decide now that I'm getting close to 40, I should consider short term disability insurance - I'm not getting any younger and I've been known to do some stupid things lately (example: breaking my heel and having no idea how I did it).

So to get it, I have to fill out all these forms and turn them in. And wait to get approved. Which takes me back to my teenage years........

Am I good enough for short term? Will my family history of allergies and hay fever exclude me? Will the fact that I haven't been treated for alcoholism (yet!) or mental illness (yet!) work in my favor? I have to sit here and wait and see if I'm good enough... it's just too much stress!! I think I need to do some karate!!



Wooo hooo - look at my muscles!! Woooo, it's grown now!! It's really grown now!!

No comments: