Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And The Move Begins!!

This morning begins the first day of the three day move process. I'm excited and exhausted at the same time.

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I've got some movies and books to review and will do that when I'm settled down south. Surgery, packing, the move, saying goodbye.... all had to be done and I wanted to enjoy them (well, maybe not the surgery!).

I still can't believe that I'm moving. I've been here 8 years and that's a long time for me (I was in Florida for 6, then Dallas for 3 prior to that.). But there are opportunities and adventures awaiting me that weren't available here. As a matter of fact, in some facets of my life here, it's changed so much it looks like I never was there. A fresh start is good too -new age, new job, new start. (Ed.'s Note: Let's see how long it takes before I jack any or all of it up!)

I have some deep thoughts to share, but those will have to wait until the dust settles. But I can tell you one thing I've learned this past week - I have too much crap!! I've probably filled a dumpster with my trash and junk. And I never did finish my bedroom closet, that'll have to be weeded out when I unpack. I just couldn't do it all!! How did I get this stuff and why do I have it all? Dumping a bunch of it feels like taking a weight off of my shoulders. I think sometimes we get weighed down by the possesions that we have......

I also want to thank my friends who called and checked on me, who met me for lunch, dinner, or drinks to say goodbye, who encouraged me when I was ready to fold. They really helped me through these tough last couple of weeks. And I've learned that some people who I thought were my friends, well..... they may have been more fair-weathered than I originally thought.

Let the adventure begin..... see you on the other side!!

2 comments:

CrappieRaider said...

I hope you don't consider me fair weather.

Mo said...

Of course I don't... you are my blog buddy, always will be!! And my WWF buddy, though I'm getting tired of having my ass kicked every which way by you!! :)