Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hello, My Name is Mo and I'm a TV-aholic

Okay, so as I get ready to make my to-do list and tackle another hot and humid Central Texas day, I have an ephiphany, actually two.

The first one is I'm hungry. I have to go the grocery store and get some food in my house. I went yesterday, loaded up my cart, got to the register, and realized I left my wallet at home when I was balancing my checkbook. I snuck out, cried the whole way home about how I hate my life here.

Then I got home and turned the TV on. I was fine. No tears, and just happy as can be. I'd been really testy and tense on Friday night. When the washer broke, you would have the thought the world is coming to an end. I couldn't even do my champagne welcome home toast that I was all excited about. WTF?

I was upset because I couldn't watch TV. Most of the time, I don't watch it, I just have it on as background noise. It soothes me. It's like a middle-aged lullaby. I was more worried about setting up my Tivo to record series than I was to unpack my kitchen, what is up with that?

I'm reading Dr. Drew's book about celebrity, narcissism, and how reality TV really exacerbates (sp?) the problem. I'm addicted to reality TV. I have got to break the cycle. I mean seriously, these people on these shows would never be my friends in real life, I couldn't handle their idiocy on a regular basis. But on TV, it's like I'm drawn in. Vetos, roses, torches, quick fire challenges, runway walks, clocks, backstage passes, table tossing NJ hoochies, I can't get enough. I can't......

And I will, I promise.... as soon as I find out who's getting put on the block on Big Brother tonight......

No comments: