Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pre-Trip Check and Update

Alright, well....... my flight leaves in 10 hours for DC. I'm just about finished packing, which is a good thing! My carry on is already packed and in my trunk. I've got all the vouchers and tickets safely stowed in my purse. I've got my sticky note with last minute things to pack as I get ready in the AM. I think I'm good!!

I'm a little worried about the weather - rain non-stop today and a ton of flights delayed/cancelled at DFW. Rain is supposed to stop around 5 AM, so I'm hoping my 8:25 AM flight won't be impacted. Of course, guess what it's supposed to do in DC tomorrow night? Rain!! We may have to move our "Monuments by Moonlight" tour to another night if the rain is bad.

And finally - my Spring Break to-do list..... many people have inquired as to how that list is progressing, so here's my pre-trip update:

1. Pedicure and manicure - check. Staying awake and no snoring - check. So that's good, right?

2. Oprah Book Club - no check here. Still haven't done Chapter 2 from last week and Chapter 3 from yesterday...... I'll get there!!

3. Girl Scout Cookies - one box of Samoas - gone. One box of Thin Mints - almost gone and will probably be gone by the time I roll out of here tomorrow. The good news? No Girl Scout cookies in my suitcase or carry-on!!

4. Getting my Bea Arthur on - check. I'm almost done with Season 1 and I'm very sad - what will I do? I'm saving a few episodes for when I get back so I can end my Spring Break on an upbeat note.

5. Sex and the City - check. Season Two is done and I'll hit Season 3 when I return. Only 72 more days until the movie premieres - can't wait!!!

6. Read - Oprah book - no check. Personal book - check. Finished Schuyler's Monster (what a great book!) and have made a huge dent in Salem Falls. I'm also taking one work book and one fun book on the trip in case I finish Salem Falls. (Ed.'s note: Today's raining day was a perfect curl up on the couch and read kind of day!)

7. Boring crap: clean -check. Laundry - check. Pay bills - check. Run dishwasher - check. Go to bank - check. Post office - check. Random work bits I need to finish - check. (C'mon, you have to be impressed by all of that!!)

So with the exception of eating too many Girl Scout cookies and not reading my Oprah book to enlighten myself, I've done a pretty good job!!

DC, here I come! :)

No comments: