Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break 2008!!

Is it bad that I'm 37 years old and I totally enjoy Spring Break? I've been counting down for this week since I returned back to work after Christmas Break! And once I get back to work on March 25, I'll probably be counting down until my summer vacation begins!

So here's my to-do list for Spring Break 2008:

1. Prior to my trip on Wednesday, get another pedicure and manicure - this time without falling asleep and snorting myself awake. I'm even woman enough to go back to my salon and face the potential giggles and points as they tell the legend of the "Great Snorter" to each other in a language I can't understand!

2. Keep reading my Oprah book club book - I started "The New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle when Oprah said she was going to have an online class. I read the first chapter, did the corresponding workbook, and like the good nerd I am, I went to class. Due to technical difficulties, I had to watch the class at a later time. It's only the second week and I've fallen behind - so my goal is to catch up on my reading and my classes. How can I achieve enlightenment when I can't even read the book?

3. Limit myself to one box of Girl Scout cookies for the week. Everything else stays in the freezer! (FYI, it's the first full day of break and I'm already on the second row of my box - not sure how this is going to turn out!!)

4. Get my Bea Arthur on!! My first season of Maude came and I plan to watch and savor each episode, singing the theme song as loud as I can and giggling at the faces - which I do each time like I've never seen it before!

5. Sex and The City - I've decided in honor of the movie debut on May 30th (which is 75 days away!!) that I'm going to rewatch all six seasons so I am as up-to-date as possible. So far, I'm on season two and going strong!!

6. Read - my goal is to catch up my Oprah book and read two other books one break- one personal and one professional. Hmmmmm..... any bets on this one? (I think I put this in here so I looked cerebral!)

7. Boring crap: clean, laundry, pay bills, run dishwasher, go to bank, post office, random work bits I need to finish!

I leave Wednesday for DC - so we'll see how much actually gets done. I'll give you an update before I leave town.

Happy Spring Break!! :)

No comments: