Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Break 2009!!

I cannot believe I actually made it to Spring Break! It's here - I have an entire week off to do what I want to do!!

These past 10 weeks have been hard at work. I've been doing two people's job and trying to get through the first round of TAKS. I survived, but barely. When we return next week, we'll have 10 more weeks of school and then I will have survived my first year as principal!

Last year, I did my whirlwind trip to DC that was jam packed like you wouldn't believe. This year, I'm taking it a little more slowly. The first five days, I'll just be here, relaxing, sleeping, scrapbooking, going to movies, getting ready for Maude to arrive on the 22nd, whatever I want to do.

On Thursday morning, I leave for Hot Springs with Sigh Sister Betty. I'm going to fly to Little Rock and meet Betty there. Our first stop is the Double Wide In The Sky (aka Bill Clinton's Presidential Library). Then we'll head down to Hot Springs.

We stay at a wonderful B&B, Bartee Meadow. This will be our 5th time to stay there. The owners, Vista and Hu, have become like friends to us. We feel that Bartee Meadow is like a spiritual place for us - within 24 hours of arrival, I can feel the stress melt off, you just feel relaxed and peaceful.

Now, as always - we have some favorite stomping grounds that we have to hit:
  • Buckstaff Bathhouse - we love to do the bathing with hot towels and massage - it is the best!
  • Cafe 1217 - this place is AMAZING!! The best salads, soups, and desserts!! We eat lunch there every day we are in Hot Springs, it is that good!!
  • Central Avenue - have to go in and out of all of the cute shops - we always find something there that we like and/or great gifts for others
  • Walmart - don't ask me why, but this Walmart is the BEST! We always come away with great finds that I swear I can't find here in Frisco.

Plus, we usually go to the spa and get massages and other treatments. This time, we are trying a chocolate pedicure - complete with chocolate to eat! I can't wait!

I get home on Sunday and when I do, I get to finalize my adoption for Maude, the basset hound. I can't wait to get her and I will post pictures of her here for everyone!!

I hope all of you that have a great week!!

No comments: