Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break 2009

Well, I'm back from my Spring Break adventure and ready to share!! The first few days of Break I was at home, running errands, cleaning and just enjoying the down time. On Thursday, I left for Hot Springs. This is my 4th trip with Betty and we just love it!!

I wasn't sure that this trip was going to be a go - we loaded the plane and had to sit on the tarmac while they fixed the toilet that wouldn't flush! I was like - are you serious? It's a 48 minute flight, we can all swear that we won't use the toilet, let's just get this plane in the air and GO!!

Finally, 25 minutes later, off we go. I land in Little Rock and Betty picks me up. Our first stop is the Clinton Presidential Library. As we drive, we run into the Heifer International Center. I got excited - a center for heifers... having been called a heifer, I felt like I was home!!!

We go around the corner to the Clinton Library (aka "The Doublewide in the Sky"!). We drove around and I took some pictures. I wasn't paying $7.50 to enter this place. I'm not a Clinton fan!
After our drive by, we drive to Hot Springs. We are staying at our favorite bed and breakfast, Bartee Meadow. Vista and Hu are the best!! We have a lovely dinner and crash pretty early. The next day we get up and do chocolate pedicures, massages, manicures, and all other things girly. Mimosas only made this better!
We eat lunch at our favorite restaurant, Cafe 1217. Yummo!! Then we learn that the owner has a new restaurant, Taco Momma, which is where we go for dinner after shopping and napping that afternoon. It was yummy. And the frozen sangrias were delicioso!! Que' rico!!
I come home and get sick, bleech..... long night!!
On the road to our B&B, here is the sign for Prayer Mountain - very interesting place!!
Saturday, I take it easy and then we head to McClard's BBQ. It's a Hot Springs institution and it was good!! We ate at the counter and filled ourselves full of BBQ!

Saturday night we enjoyed dinner with Vista and Hu, then crashed. The next morning, a quick breakfast and then back to the airport.
My trip was relaxing, quiet, and low key. And I loved every minute of it!!

No comments: