Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 8: Colorado Springs, CO to Amarillo, TX

Total Miles Today: 383 miles
Total Miles for Trip: 2671 miles

We got up this AM and had a yummy breakfast before we cruised around Colorado Springs. We went by and visited the Broadmoor before we left.
We drove through Pueblo, stopping at Cracker Barrell for some candy. As we were heading south on I-25, we get rerouted off the freeway because of construction. We end up in this small town, Walsenburg. So we get out and explore- I found a beautiful hand painted glass heart Christmas ornament.

Back on the road, we realize we can't make the whole trip home today. We cross over into Texas and stop for dinner in Dalhart. We head on to Amarillo and call it a night.

We'll head home tomorrow. What an amazing trip it has been! I've seen a lot of our great country and I'm grateful for that. I have wonderful memories to last a lifetime!! But I'm glad to be coming home!!

(Ed.'s Note: I'm laying in bed watching the ABC channel in Amarillo. It's like amateur news night and I've got a horrific case of the giggles. It reminds me of news in Tallahassee!)


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you've made it back safely to our home state. Love, Sarah

JDHTEACH said...

Stay Classy Amarilo