Thursday, July 16, 2009

Y'all Gonna Make Me Lose My Mind.......

So, I'm at the movies today with my friend Cathy - we went and saw "The Proposal" - cute movie if you haven't seen it.

We are watching previews and there is a preview for Fame: The Movie that opens in September. Ummm..... Fame opened in 1980 and the TV show was from 1982-1987. I loved that show!! Does anyone remember it?



I love Debbie Allen's speech: "You got big dreams, you want fame, well fame costs.... and right here (beating cane against floor) is where you start paying... in sweat!!"

The new Fame teachers: Frasier (Kelsey Grammar), Roc (Charles S. Dutton), and Karen from Will & Grace (Megan Mullally). Are you serious? I don't see Karen beating her cane and telling the kids that fame costs..... or if I do, she's got her Will & Grace voice on..... not real convincing like my girl Debbie.

Am I really old enough to have something from my childhood be remade ALREADY??

What about Footloose? Zac Efron is no Kevin Bacon and Julianne Hough is no Lori Singer (remember Lori Singer was also on the TV show Fame!). Why mess with a good thing?

90210? I tried to watch the new show, but I was only interested in what was happening with Kelly and Brenda - I didn't care about the other kids. I gave up and started watching old 90210 reruns on Soap Net.

And now.... Melrose Place? WTF? I'm not even gonna try to start watching it. Melrose was on from 1992-1999? It's barely been 10 years since it went off the air. I found this montage of opening montages from Melrose Place. Who will be the new Heather Locklear? I'd like to see that......



I'm pissed - please stop remaking all of my old shows!! How 'bout y'all think of an original show for a change??

Am I the only one who things this? C'mon, fellow children of the 80's, I'd like to hear what you think!!

1 comment:

JDHTEACH said...

You hit the nail on the head. The networks are trying so hard to hit "gold" that they are now remaking the shows that once had something.

I am holding out for the return of
HEHAW myself. Now THAT was the shniznit back in the day. I used to LOVE that show.

Saturday Night on ABC Line Up
Solid Gold
HEHAW
LOVE BOAT
FANTASY ISLAND