Saturday, August 1, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover, Mo Edition

As you may remember, I worked hard to negotiate some changes for my apartment before I would renew my lease. I know I should buy a house, but I don't like yard work, I don't need more space, and I don't know if this is where I plan to be more than another year or two. I have commitment issues, but I'm okay with it.

The decorating process was a four part process. We have two down and two to go. Phase one was the counters. They were a dark green formica. It didn't look bad with my stuff, it just looked dated. So they redid them with an almond color with tan and brown flecks in it. It is supposed to look granite-like, but it looks more faux granite. But it looks better than it did, so I'm happy with it.

Phase two was the accent wall. Here is the wall before:

And here is the wall after with the green. It looks so much better!! It seems to make the room bigger and I really like it.


Phase three is getting a new ceiling fan in my guest room. The fan is here, but they are backlogged with AC issues and hopefully will get to it soon.

Finally, they are supposed to do a deep clean and stretch of my carpet. I was hoping that they would tear up the living room carpet and put in laminate floors, but to no avail. I will keep trying to get that.

So that is my home makeover. Simple, but an improvement.

No comments: