Monday, August 10, 2009

Not a typical Monday..........

Today was our Annual Administrative Team Retreat. Each August, we get together and usually go somewhere and spend the day together team building. Often, it's a surprise (and I hate surprises!!), but some years we know in advance.

So we get in our bus this AM and get on the road. We have ideas, but not for sure on any of them. So imagine our surprise when we arrive at the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium!! I'm excited, because the odds of me affording a game and going on my own are slim to none.

When we pull up, it's an amazing structure. Sooo cool!!
We go in and we are in a suite for the day. Breakfast and lunch are catered in (the food was DELICIOUS!) and we meet to talk about how we can continue doing what's best for kids. As we worked, I looked around the room and realized that I really like the people I work with. They have good hearts and are good people. They care about kids. We laugh a lot. It's a great place to work, I am BLESSED!!

At the conclusion of our meeting, we get to take a tour of the facility - AMAZING!! This is a picture of the huge scoreboard from the field. Yes, we were on the field level. And in the press box.... and in the locker room.... and everywhere!!
Here's a view of the field from the concourse - what an amazing place to play football. I bet concerts there wouldn't be too bad either!!

One of the many treats of our day was our tour guide, John. He was hysterical. He had this laugh that everytime he laughed, we would all laugh. His signature line? "We're walking.... we're walking......"
Here's a snippet of John The Tour Guide in action:

If you have the chance to tour the stadium, I highly recommend it. Of course, after our day in the suite, that's the only way to go to a game!!

No comments: