Sunday, November 23, 2008

Greetings from Villa Ridge, Missouri!!

Ahh... the joys of the Internet.... I am able to blog about my adventures from the road, instead of having to wait until I return home. Now, pictures will have to be posted when I return home.

Yesterday morning at the airport ran so smoothly. We took off on time and landed on time. No big hassles, I even caught a little catnap on the plane.

My aunt Betty and cousin Kate picked me up at the airport. We then went to the Arch and I took some pictures of it - but we were too close, so I'll take some more another day. After that we headed to the Anheuser Busch brewery tour.

Wow - it was really a great tour and experience. Especially the two free beers at the end. I have some great pictures that I will post upon my return home.

After that, we did a drive by of the City Museum. I really wanted to go in, but with it being a Saturday, kids were everywhere - this is something I'd rather do on a day that might be less crowded - it looks like an amazing museum - very interactive.

We then went to the Basilica of St. Louis. It was amazing - ornate and so beautiful. They just finished it in 1988 and it took them over 60 years to build it. The Catholic in me was quite touched by the whole thing!

After that, we dropped Kate off so she could do her thing with her hubby and Betty and I went for a DELICIOUS Italian meal at Cunetto's on The Hill. The Hill is the Italian part of St. Louis, lots of good restaurants. We really enjoyed our meal!!

We came home and just relaxed, watching "Sex and the City" movie and doing nothing until I crashed about 10:30 PM.

What a wonderful first day of vacation!! :)

1 comment:

Leon said...

Trade you? I was working on a new template yesterday and forgot to put you back on my list. Sorry...