Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hi, My Name is Mo and I'm an Internet-aholic!

Okay, I've accepted that I have some issues. Heck, we all have issues. I don't know if it's because I'm single, I live alone, or I have a lot of friends that I enjoy keeping up with in various forms of communication, but....

I'm addicted to the Internet.

I have become what I used to make fun of.

Last Saturday, I flew to St. Louis to spend Thanksgiving with my family. We had a terrific first day - which I already blogged about. We get back to my aunt's house and I immediately start jonezing for the Internet.

I have a BlackBerry. My Facebook is on it. My home e-mail (one of them) is on it. I've forwarded my work e-mail to my home e-mail that is on my BlackBerry. Yet, I feel strangely disconnected from the world at large....

My aunt shows me where the computer is and I'm on it for an hour checking the following:

1. Facebook - any new friends? Any posts? Are my cars parked? Trees harvested? New requests?
2. My Space - why? I reject two people I don't know that want to be my friends.
3. AOL e-mail - most of it I've handled through my BlackBerry, but a few that I need to address
4. SBC Global e-mail - most junk mail, but still check and weed out
5. Work e-mail - again, mostly junk mail, but weed out
6. My Blog - moderate new comments and add a post

Really? I need to do all of that? I used to make FUN of people who did all of that...

We leave on Monday for a little side trip and there is no Internet access, by Wednesday when we return, I'm almost going apeshit, hands shaking, needing a drink because I haven't been connected to the Internet. Again, another hour or so updating all of the above.

I need a life. Wait, let me specify. I need a 3-D life - I have one heck of an active cyber life that I can't keep up with!!

1 comment:

Leon said...

What does it say about me that it is 11:45 on Turkey day and I'm doing the same stuff. Oh my aching internet back. Must stand up..must finish lunch...but first let me check skattershooting blog.