Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lovin' every minute of it!!!

The 80's gods continue to smile down on me with good fortune and rocking tunes from the glory days of yesteryear. My sister tells me about the Richardson Wildflower Festival which will be held May 16-18. So I'm like, "Yeah, okay, so what?" But then she tells me the lineup of some of the music:

1. Loverboy - sigh...... anyone who is my age remembers the album cover for Get Lucky, right? Mike Reno was sooo hot!! I remember they showed them a couple of summers ago on some TV show ("The Hits Hit Back" or some crap like that) and I almost cried when I saw a bloated, older, balding Mike Reno. I was sad, but as my dear friend Chicago told me at the time, "We are all moving toward bloated, older, and bald." Typical man!!)

And what about the timeless 80's ballad "Almost Paradise" sung with my gal Ann Wilson of Heart?? I made out with Clint S. to that song!! (And I just downloaded on iTunes because of the warm memories it provides!! I know I still have Footloose on VHS somewhere around here!)

2. Pat Benatar - Sister knew what she was talking about when she said "Love is a Battlefield" - that is one of my favorite 80's videos.... the Cyndy Lauper-esque clothes, the group dancing remnicent of Thriller... that is what the 80's were about!!

I had the privilege, no... really the honor of seeing Pat Benatar play the Super Pit at UNT my freshman year of college. I'm not sure the Pit has rocked as hard since then!

3. Bret Michaels..... Rock of Love! The show was so enticing, I watched it not once, but twice!! He's older than me, but he wants these skanky young 20 somethings!! I have to admit that the theme song of the show is sooo catchy!! And honestly, I do love Poison! I'm there!!

So.... let's review....

April: Van Halen

May: Loverboy, Pat Benatar, Bret Michaels (if all goes according to plan)

July: Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick (can't wait)

I wonder if Pet Shop Boys or Corey Hart are touring anytime soon??? Yaz? Violent Femmes? Depeche Mode? anyone..... anyone??

No comments: