Saturday, May 17, 2008

A great way to end a bad week!

Okay, I had a rough week. A long week. A week where I was ready to throw in the towel and do something different. I haven't had a day off since the middle of April. I'm living for next weekend, my four day no work weekend!

So tonight my sister and I go to see Loverboy and Everclear at the Richardson Wildflower Festival. Karma is strong when Sarah uses her Richardson resident discount and the tickets only cost $7.50. That's less than the price of a movie!

So we grab dinner and head over there. We realize when we get there that we are doing this all wrong. We don't have a blanket and/or lawn chairs. Oh, well, we'll make do.

So we go and find a great spot on the grass to watch Loverboy. And I'm sooo excited......

Mike Reno has a huge gut belly. His voice is great, but he's packed on the pounds. They spend the first 30 minutes playing crap I've never heard of. Then finally they start jamming on the classic 80's stuff (my sister, who is 4 years younger, didn't know a lot of the songs as she was in 3rd grade when Loverboy was big). It was great at the end, they really jammed it out.... I loved it! I will say that the average age of patrons was older than myself.

But what I really enjoyed was the lady. I'll call her Sally. Sally was feeling the music. Sally was loving her some Loverboy. She was aerobic dancing and working up a real sweat. She did some great ass shaking and shimmying that wasn't quite the best look for her. To best summarize her "look" - the clip of Joan of Arc doing aerobics from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is as close as I can get without trying to recreate the dance myself. Actually, Joan might be a little offended if she knew I was comparing her to Sally....



So now we walk around and end up watching the end of Eve 6's set. They were really good and they rocked!! But I did notice that the demographic had changed slightly.... younger kids, many high school and college age kiddos. I was definitely one of the old farts there.

So we get a beer and wonder around. Then we go to get a second beer and I get carded. I'm 37 11/12 years old and I got carded. The man who carded me said, "You're holding up pretty well." What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Finally Everclear comes on. They put on a great concert. One of the guitar players was hot, I mean really hot!! I loved their whole set, but they played barely an hour - I wanted more!!





As you can tell, we had a blast! And what a value!!

I'm hoping I've got the energy for Bret Michaels and the Rock of Love Tour tomorrow night... my feet hurt, my head hurts, and I can't hear. Damn, I am gettin old......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell my husband, but I think I've developed a slight crush on Art Alexokis. Everything about him is cool - even his name!