Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Big 3-8 Celebration Begins.......

So I'm at work on Tuesday and I get an e-mail from my sister, Sarah, that lets me know we have tickets to New Kids on the Block in October!! And it's my b-day present!!

Now, before you judge, this is awesome! I continue my streak of random concert-going, which is fun! Also, our tickets are in Section 111 of the American Airlines Center - the same section where I saw Van Halen in April. If you remember my post, you'll remember I talked about how great the seats were - Sarah got us tickets even a little bit farther down!! Our view will be awesome!

I realize that I'm on the older end of the NKOTB fan spectrum, but I was a closet fan. I was able to enjoy the music (while acting bored) because my sister and her friends were in all of the hype.

Here's their new video for "Summertime":


Can anyone guess who my favorite New Kid was?
Jordan? NO. (Overalls and high-pitched voices are turn offs for me.)
Danny? NO. (Back in the day, he was b-fugly..... now, he's better, but not cute enough.)
Joey? NO. (Ummm... he was like 12 and I was like 19.... that's just gross!!)
Jonathan? NO. (One, he's too quiet, and two, he was Sarah's fav.)

So who does that leave?

DONNIE!! I mean, he was the ultimate 1992 bad boy. His shredded jeans, piercings, and ability to set hotel rooms on fire were all attractive qualities back in the day. I knew he had that special something. I mean, he was the only one to go on and do something else after NKOTB (The Sixth Sense, anyone?)

So where will I be on October 19th? Hangin' tough, baby!!!

No comments: