Sunday, June 8, 2008

Why the nerdy book list?

I'm sure that some of you are wondering - why does she have a list of books on the sidebar of her blog? And why does she want to read 50?

Well.... long story short, I like to read and post at the Frisco Online website - I need to blog about that sometime when I have time to tell you all what I really think. Anyway, there was a thread about good books and people were passing titles around. So some girl and I decide that we are going to read 50 books this year. 50 books?? Like I don't have enough on my plate??

So as we enter into June (and the halfway point of this year), here's the damage so far:

January: 2 books
February: 2 books
March: 5 books (Spring Break helped with this one)
April: 2 books
May: 1 book
June: 1 book finished, 2nd book started

So if I'm doing my math correctly, that's 13 books, right? Which means I need to read 37 more to make my goal? Which basically means 6 books a month? 6 books? Maybe for June and July, but after that - who knows?!?!?!

Maybe the bet should have been for pages - a couple of my books had 500+ pages.... that should count as two.....

Oh, well.... stay posted for the nerdiness count.... anyone want to take bets?

No comments: