Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sex and the City - it was incredible!!

I can't believe it's taken me a couple of days to post my feelings about Sex and the City - The Movie!! We went on Friday night at 7:15. I had purchased tickets online on Wednesday for the show. Before we went to grab a quick drink, I ran up to get the tickets at 5:30 - there were already people lined up for it!

So Cathy, Danyielle and I went and had a drink, then we headed up to the line at about 6:20. Our other friends met us there and we waited for 30 minutes in line.... and it wasn't air conditioned... and there were lots of females there... it was HOT!! I was quite impressed by the 5 men who made a valiant effort to see this movie with their women..... or maybe they were all the Stanfords to their Carries?? Who knows..... but coming to this movie would have been the same as me showing up at the premiere of "Girls Gone Wild" or something like that!! :)

So then they let us in and we rush to get great seats... which we did! The theatre filled up in under 10 minutes!! We took turns getting snacks and going potty so that we wouldn't have to miss a minute! At 7:15, right before they ran the trailers, one of the employees tried to get all of our attention..... we weren't listening at all!! Once the movie started, everyone started clapping and screaming.......

The last thing I remember is that it was 7:15 and that girl talking.... the next thing I remember is that it's OVER.... it was a 2+ hour movie, but it seemed like it lasted for 15 minutes.....

It did NOT disappoint!! It was so good..... Danyielle (our emotional friend) cried a few times..... Kim (my fellow stoic) and I loved it, but we weren't moved to tears!

I promise you that I will see it in the theatres again at least one more time... and as soon as it's on DVD, I will buy it!!

GO SEE IT!! YOU'LL BE GLAD THAT YOU DID!

No comments: