Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not quite the birthday I had planned......

Well, as I lasted posted, I was heading to Shreveport for Cathy's wedding... well, I never left Frisco. I had some, uh, well... gastrointestinal issues that were not going to let me take a 3 hour car ride if you know what I mean. And it seemed to get worse rather than better as the day went on..... sooooo...... I stayed home. (Ed.'s note: I'm really upset that I didn't go - I wanted to see Accelerated Tax and if they really have armadillo groom cakes at Louisiana weddings, now I'll never know!!! :::pout:::)

I spent my birthday alone, in my pj's, watching bad TV, napping, and being sick in the bathroom. I talked to no one and did nothing. Isn't that sad? C'mon, you know it is!

Finally about 8 PM, I was hungry, so I ate and watched movies (American Pie, Coyote Ugly). I was feeling a little down in the dumps and rather sorry for myself. You know the pity party thing and how it works.......

When the delivery guy brings me some food, I see a Fed Ex package from Angie in Florida. I open it up - they are napkins that says SLUTS (Southern Ladies Up To Something)! Is that not hysterical? I mean, Angie's been a SLUT(S) for as long as I've known her.... hahahaha Thanks for the great gift and great laugh, Ang - I love you!

Late last night, I talked to my friend John, who helped me put in all in perspective and made me laugh! Thanks, John!! :)

It's hard to stay in the pity party mode when you have friends like Angie and John to make you laugh and quit feeling sorry for yourself.

Well, the good news is.... only 364 more days until I have to do this day again.... I will plan ahead better for it!!

Maybe I should change my blog to "38 and Proud!" Hmmmm..... have to think about that......

No comments: