Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just Call Me Judgy McJudgington......

I know I haven't blogged in a while... I've been busy. I'll blog about my trip and I'll blog about why I've been busy later. When I'm not so busy. Sometime.

Last week, my aunt and I were in our hotel in Branson. (Ed.'s note: Two strikes against Branson: old people and country music - one of the shows was called "Baldknobbers" - I kid you not! The great thing about Branson - excellent shopping opportunities!)

We were tired, we had a busy day and we were glad to be sleeping in a modern hotel after our night in the Haunted 1886 Crescent Hotel. We were in our jammies, watching "Dancing With the Stars" when it starts........

"Look at that outfit, doesn't she look ridiculous?"

"Oh, my, not the best dancer in the group."

"What is up with that kick thing? Oh, no she didn't!!"

My aunt and I are totally trashing the contestants on the show. While in bed. In our jammies. Eating cookies. Like we are professional dancers. Which we are not.

I start giggling..... we keep trash talking. We are ruthless and unforgiving. Finally I say to my aunt, "God, are we the most judgmental people in the world?"

We burst into smug laughter. It's easy to judge from the confines of a hotel room in Branson, Missouri. Heck, I couldn't do any of those moves, but I sure felt qualified to judge.

The show ends and "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Show" is on. The next thing I know, we are doing it again....

"Ewww... she's not pretty."

"What's up with hair? Is it a wig? She looks like she's 40!"

"These people are a total trainwreck."

We look at each other and die laughing again.

You know, it's not easy being as perfect as we are. Do I feel bad for those people? No, they choose to go on these shows and should expect ridicule at times, especially when they are so stupid they make no sense.

I think I've have a piece of pie and judge... uh, I mean.... watch either Survivor or Top Chef.

No comments: