Friday, December 19, 2008

My Break Begins...... cue the Hallelujah chorus!!

So as of 3:30 PM today, my break officially began!! I have 16 days of no work ahead of me. This is so awesome!! It's almost like I don't know what to do, but then I start thinking about all the things I need to do......

* Finish reading books to get to my 50 for the year
* Go by school and pick up all of my plants and flowers that I couldn't carry out today
* Clean out my Tivo
* Christmas shopping - haven't even started, not even sure what to get people..... yikes....
* Scrapbook my last three trips
* Create my calendar pages and get those mailed out
* Pick up box of checks that has been sitting at the bank for at least a month now......
* Get my 02 sensor fixed on my car and hope that's the end of my car troubles
* Clean out my office closet and go through my clothes
* Catch up with some friends that I haven't seen in a while
* Blog about my Thanksgiving trip and post some photos

And that's all I can think of..... I mean, just 5 hours ago, I was nodding off at the salon getting my hair colored (and boy does it look good!)........... and I've had a couple of appletinis since then.

Happy Holidays!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! So fun to see my book, The Bright Side of Disaster, on the list of books you've enjoyed this year! I have a new one coming out in February (and I'm coming to Dallas for a reading on March 5 at Legacy books. Yay, Dallas!) I was also sad to read your post about your friend Richard. My husband is a volunteer firefighter (and also a middle school teacher!) and we have great respect for the sacrifices firefighters make to keep us all safe. Many good wishes to you and Misty and her two children.