Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fins to the left.... fins to the right.....


..... cause Jimmy Buffett is coming to town on April 18th!! I'm so excited - he'll be at Pizza Hut Park here in Frisco and I'll be there!!

I'm going with Misty, Gina, and Rhonda.... and two not-yet-to be determined folk. My friends Kim and Marilyn will be in from Austin...... I can't wait......

So it bears asking the question - what is your favorite Buffett song? I can't pick one, so here are a few that I love (in no particular order...):

1. "Changes in Attitudes, Changes in Latitudes" - great song that makes me chill..... plus it has one of the greatest lines ever, "if we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."

2. "Bank of Bad Habits" - this is from my favorite Buffett CD, "Barometer Soup" - again, memories of my first year in Florida and my indoctrination into being a true Parrothead!

3. "Why Don't We Get Drunk?" - ahhhhh..... great karoake song..... "They say you are a snuff queen, Honey, I don’t think that’s true...So, why don’t we get drunk and.... "

4. "Volcano" - this reminds me of my first summer living in Florida.... lots of stories, maybe some great blog entries one day.....

5. "Fruitcakes" - I don't want that much organization in my life!! I want my junior mints!!

So, any other Parrotheads out there? What's your favorite song?

2 comments:

JDHTEACH said...

I gotta be honest with you. Not a big enough fan to go see him. I just don't get it. I know I am in the minority here. Almost everyone I know LOVES him. Some of them even travel with him during the summer and go and see him 5-10 times in 3 different states and put 8,000 miles on their car in a 3 month period.

Sadly I know some people that just use it as an excuse to get completely BLASTED to the point where they put themselves out of commission for a couple days. That was funny haha when you were in college. Now that these persons are passing 40 I think it is time to grow the hell up.

I will say this. He has songs that I like and I dont change the channel if they come on. Some of them are the ones you posted. But to sit through a whole concert for those few songs....eh not for me.

But when QUEENSRYCHE comes to town I am gonna be calling ya

Mo said...

Um... when Queensryche comes to town and you call me.... I'll be probably be sitting at my house, blasted and listening to Buffett. ;)

To each his own, my friend. :)

Now, if Metallica comes to town, that's a different story!