Sunday, February 1, 2009

An Open Letter to Mo's Parents.....

Dear Mom and Dad,

You know, I've come to realize as I get older how lucky I was growing up.

I grew up in Lake Highlands, which was a great place to grow up in the late 70's/80's. I went to good schools (LHE, Moss Haven, Merriman Park, FMJH) and made some great friends. I wore Polos, Izods, Guess jeans, and Espirit. I wore my Benetton perfume, spiked my hair, and loved my jelly shoes.

You paid for me to go to Ursuline so I could have a good education and prepare for college. You let me be on drill team and you even came to games to watch us perform one of the 3 same routines we did.

You paid for college so when I graduated, I had no loans. How lucky for me!! (Ed.'s note: With my chosen career path of education, I'd have been paying loans until I died!)

You taught me manners so that I could interact with society in a positive way. You punished me when I acted like an ass and you made me be respectful.

As I watch "Tool Academy," "Bachelor" (though not this season!) and "Rock of Love Bus" - I just realize how lucky I was to have the childhood I had. It wasn't always roses, trust me, but at least I'm a decent normal (normal as normal can be) adult.

So when you look at me..... and think...... why isn't she married? Why doesn't she have kids? ... You should be thinking.... thank God she's not a reality show skank!! She's articulate and takes care of herself.

Love your firstborn,
Mo

No comments: