Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bad Weather Days are like eating one too many pieces of cake.....

Before, I begin, I've been locked up in my house by myself since Monday. I enjoy sloth time and down time WHEN I CHOOSE. Being holed up in the house is a different matter.

So they called off school for us on Tuesday in anticipation of the bad weather.... that never came!! We basically had a rain day! It wasn't that bad, I finished a book, started another, played on the computer, napped and slothed like noone's business. And I'm a rule follower, I didn't leave my house at all, rather I ordered in lunch and then fired up the crock pot for dinner. I basically wasted the entire day away - I guess you have to do that now and again, right?

I was okay with this day because I knew it would just shave a day off of a long weekend - we'd have a 3 day Easter weekend instead of a 4 day one. I was okay with that.

Then, last night, the weather gets worse. Ice pelting for like 2 hours. It's below freezing - you know it's gonna be a mess! This is when you KNOW we need the day off. They called a two hour delay before I went to bed and then called the whole day at 6 AM today.

There was no way we could have made it work this morning. I know that. But now my Memorial Day weekend has been shaved from 4 days to 3 days. Again, not too bad, but it would have been nice, especially since I was kind of planning a little getaway that weekend. Oh, well.

It's like when you are in the flow of school, you don't want to use your days. BUT, once you are in the bell jar enjoying the time off, you can't help it - you pray for another day - you get greedy!!

Bad Weather Days are like eating an extra piece of cake.... right then it tastes sooo good, but later on you regret it.

I can tell you, the cake is tasting good these past two days.... but it'll be hell in April and May.

1 comment:

Leon said...

I was sooo stir crazy and had to get out of the house. I ended up playing hopscotch with some hobos down by the river. One of us slipped and fell on a jar of mustard, oh what fun we had.