Saturday, January 3, 2009

Does anyone remember "The State?"

Once upon a time (1993-1995 to be exact), in a land far away (well, the USA), after MTV was about music videos and before MTV became all about reality shows... there was a show called "The State." It was a group of 11 friends from NYU who wrote and did their own comedy. The show was hysterical!! There were many great characters, but two of my favorites were Barry and Levon.



They wrote a book in 1997 called "State by State with The State." My sister Sarah, who supports my book addiction, bought this for me. It's out of print and copies are going for $100 used on Amazon. You couldn't pay me to part with the book, it's hysterical!

This show has been off the air for 13 years, and MTV refuses to release it on DVD. Why? Are they too busy with "Viva La Bam," "Super Sweet 16" and other crap? C'mon and release it.....

Friends - if you used to watch The State, what is your favorite sketch and/or characters?

No comments: