Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Bounty Hunter (2010)

Okay, so yesterday it was 73 and tonight (aka the First Day of Spring) it's snowing? WTH?

I was cold and I knew that Gerard Butler could warm me up..... and boy, did he!! Brooke and I went to Studio Movie Grill - I was worried that it would be sold out since it just came out this weekend. SMG has tickets for sale online, but they also do reserved seating. For $22/person, you get your ticket and a $12 food voucher (you usually spend at least $15 or more if you drink). You also get to pick your seats out and they are saved for you. It's actually quite nice and is really how I recommend going, you get great seats for no more than you would normally spend. (Ed.'s Note: Okay, Studio Movie Grill - I just threw some business your way - how 'bout throwing some free tickets my way?)

Gerry (as those of us close to him like to call him) plays Milo Boyd, a bounty hunter who has been given the job of picking up his ex-wife Nicole (aka Jennifer Aniston). Nicole is working on a story and has got people looking for her, so what should be a simple pick up ends up being a weekend on the run. It's a simple story, but it's funny and the chemistry between Gerry and Jennifer is good. My favorite part? Gerry coming out of the bathroom in just a towel...... :)

There are also some others who appear in this movie that add to it. Remember Zed (as in Zed's dead from Pulp Fiction)? He's here, and guess what? He plays a bad guy here too!! Christine Baranski is hysterical as Nicole's mother, who does a stage show at the Borgata in Atlantic City. Jason Sudeikis from SNL (with a Lester the Molester looking moustache) was funny as Nicole's coworker. And Carol Kane is a hoot as the B&B owner.

Having done a quick drive by tour of Atlantic City during my Thanksgiving trip made the movie more interesting as well because I had been to many of the places shot.

This wasn't my favorite Spring Break movie (that goes to Shutter Island), but I liked this movie and would recommend it as a fun night out. If you like Gerard Butler, then this is a must see.

Mo's Review:
The Bounty Hunter (2010): 4 out of 5 stars

PS - Note the b-day counter? We are under a 100 days until the big 4-0!! Woo hoo!! :)

No comments: