Friday, March 12, 2010

Hey VH1, I found your next reality programming idea......

As many of you know, I am only a stone's throw from celebrity. My stepbrother hosts "The Bachelor".... but before you become too impressed, we don't really talk or see each other often. Our parents married when we were adults, so we aren't that close. BUT.... it's nice knowing that there is a connection out there......

So... the other day a friend from high school sent me an e-mail and asked if she wanted me to submit my high school senior year photo (one I took when UA had an open house and I then posted the picture on to Facebook) to be submitted with her picture for a Will Ferrell project. They are collecting high school yearbook pictures which will be used in the movie. (I'm guessing opening or closing credits, but am not sure.) So she submits our pictures and we now have to do a release, so who knows, I may have my own brush with celebrity.

Which led me to start thinking..... in case you didn't know, I'm a HUGE fan of VH1 Reality Programming (Celebrity Rehab, Sober House, Rock of Love, Charm School, Flavor of Love, Celebrity Fit Club, The Scott Baio shows, Tough Love, Tool Academy, Frank the Entertainer A Basement Affair.... I think you get the idea!!).

Maybe after I'm in Will's movie, VH1 may want me for my own reality show. But what would I do? Search for love? Lose weight? Kick an addiction?

I have a food addiction and need to lose weight, but I don't think that will bring people in. So it'll need to be a show about me finding Mr. Right (because some people believe in true love being found on reality TV!) and that we do live happily ever after.

Okay, so I've a premise for my show. I'll have 25 guys to choose from. I'll bring in my sister and maybe a friend or two to be my confidants about the guys. But what will I give the guys when I want them to stay? (Bachelor does roses, Flavor of Love does clocks, Rock of Love does passes, Frank gives necklaces..... what can I give?)

What is associated with me? What do people think of when they think of me?

I love to read. Books. A book - they can get a book. Or it could be a chapter. My tag line will be "Would you like to discover the next chapter with me?"

When they make it all the way to the end, it completes a book. I would say, "You complete my book. You are the co-author of my future."

(Ed.'s Note: I realize that this may be a little too cerebral for VH1. But work with me here.)

My show would be called "Book Of Love" for two reasons: One, I give books to the guys. Two, VH1 likes shows with similar titles (ie: Rock of Love, Flavor of Love). My theme song would be the ABC song, "Look of Love," where I would just change the lyrics. (Imagine me spinning around and smiling as you hear the lyrics, with lots of hot guys who want my book of love. "That's the book, that's the book.... the Book of Love!!" It's gonna be an instant hit..... click here so you can hear the song. C'mon, you know you want to.... Besides it's funnier that way!)

I need an agent. And a publicist. I've always wanted "people," but now I believe it's the time to get some.

And all I can say is if this takes off..........

Oprah who? Oprah will be begging me to be on her show!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

If Frank "The Entertainer" can get a show where the gals get a key to his parents' basement, your show is a sure thing!