Friday, March 26, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

I'm not sure the last time I might have been so excited to see a movie. (Maybe the first Sex and the City film?)

Heidi, Ashley, Danyielle and I did reserved seating at Studio Movie Grill. The theatre was packed, so it was good thing.

I love John Cusack. We have the same birthday and his movies have been an integral part of my youth.... from Better Off Dead to Say Anything to High Fidelity to The Grifters - his movies connect with the story of my growing up.

Hot Tub Time Machine is about three friends: Adam (Cusack), Nick (Craig Robinson from "The Office"), and Lou (Rob Corddry). Lou may have tried to kill himself while listening to 80's metal in his running car in his garage, so the boys decide to go back to Kodiak Valley, the hot ski lodge from their youth in the 80's. It's now a total dump. A few drinks and a hot tub later, they are back in 1986. If they don't make the same choices they did then, they could affect their future.....

It was hysterical. The clothes were great, the music was great. I know that the idea is totally ridiculous, but it's a fun escape. I laughed my ass off. The whole theatre was laughing at times, it was hard to hear. I will go see it again and I will probably own it when it comes out on DVD.

If you were in your prime time in the 1980's and need a good laugh, this is the movie for you.

Mo's Review:
Hot Tub Time Machine (2010): 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: