Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shutter Island (2010)

Tonight, Heidi and I went to the movies. I had free passes to Studio Movie Grill, so we went to see "Shutter Island." First of all, Leonardo Di Caprio is HOT. If if the movie had totally stunk, it would have been worth it for 138 minutes of Leo.

However, the movie did NOT suck. It was incredibly awesome - suspenseful, thought-provoking, well-acted and well directed. I love Martin Scorsese - he knows how to make a good film. He leads you to believe that you have it all figured out, only to realize that you have no clue! It's not really a horror film, but more of a suspense thriller.

Leo plays Teddy Daniels, a US Marshal sent to Shutter Island to investigate the disappearance of one the patients. It's an island in the Boston Harbor that is home to the criminally insane. To say anything else about the plot would give some piece of it away. To see it is to believe it.

Leo was great in the film, but he's not the only top notch actor. Ben Kingsley, Michelle Williams, and Mark Ruffalo all do a great job in their roles.

I have to see it again - I know I missed some clues along the way and I have to know what they were. You have to go see it - trust me, it's worth it!!

Mo's Review:
Shutter Island (2010): 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: