Wednesday, March 10, 2010

RIP, Corey Haim

So, I'm sitting in a meeting this morning and I get an email on my BlackBerry that says Corey Haim has died.

Am I surprised? No.....

Am I tired of this? Yes....

Corey Haim was a cutie pie back in the 80's - I loved "The Lost Boys," "Lucas," and "License to Drive," to name a few of his movies. But he was beginning to be a train wreck back then.... excess of money and drugs led to an older Corey that was a broke, unhappy crack addict. I'm sad to admit that I watched the 2007 A&E series "My Two Coreys" and you could tell that he was a timebomb waiting to explode. He couldn't deal with the fact that everyone didn't love him, and he wasn't making movies and money, and he missed the fame and celebrity.

How many more times are we going to have to see this? Whether an actual drug overdose (like River Phoenix, John Belushi or Chris Farley) or an "accidental" drug overdose (like Heath Ledger, Anna Nicole Smith, etc.), these people have issues that are overlooked until it is too late.

I'm tired of it.

But I still feel for all of those that are truly touched by Corey's death... friends, family, former co-workers. I'm sorry for your loss.

But when is someone gonna do something to make this stop?

No comments: