Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Step Towards the Big Move

So this morning I'm heading down to Bastrop to check it out. I'll pick up Kathy in Waco, where she's been at her 25th high school reunion. I've got my Dad's Explorer and it is packed to the brim with all of my office stuff. Today I'll meet my new AP, Michele, and we'll dump all of the stuff into my new BLUE office. I'm excited to meet her as I've enjoyed our chats and e-mails up to this point.

Tonight Kathy and I will have dinner with the other elementary principals. Some we met at our interview and some we'll be meeting for the first time. I'm excited and I look forward to building relationships with them.

Monday and Tuesday are full of meetings - long days of meetings. I hope to get all of my HR paperwork done and pick up my laptop. Lots of people to meet and lots to discuss. Hopefully I'll feel more comfortable when all of this is over.

I will also be finalizing my apartment arrangements and making sure I'm ready to move on July 15. So much to do in such a little time. I think it'll be good to get down there and start to get settled. I'm bringing my camera, so I will post pictures when I return.

Then when I return, it's off to NYC!!!!

No comments: