Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wicked was Wicked Awesome!!

I was so excited to see Wicked, I could barely contain myself. I've always heard about what a great show it is and I felt like I was really missing out on something. Boy, was I!!!!!

Sarah and Mike met me for a quick dinner at Champps before we headed down. It was so packed, we had to park in the far lot (I've NEVER done that for a musical except during the State Fair). It was packed - which was interesting because it was only a Tuesday night and the show will be here for almost a month.

We get in and get seated. Again, no more Roland and Sylvia. I'm guessing that they ditched me and the season tickets or traded nights. Oh, well. I won't be back next year, so no worries on that. I sat next to a mother and daughter who were very unusual people.

The musical was spectacular - phenomenal - incredible!! The music was so good and seeing "Defying Gravity" at the close of the first act was mind blowing. The women who played Glinda and Elphaba had incredible voices.

I'm not sure where the two and a half hours went, but suddenly the lights came up and it was over. By the end, I was crying. I think the song "For Good" got me - made me think of friends and life and about how mine is going to be changing.

If you have not seen Wicked, get thee to the Dallas Summer Musicals before June 27. It truly was an incredible experience. And if you need someone to go with, call me!! I'd go see it again in a heartbeat!!

No comments: