Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Trip was a Total Success!!

I got home last night around 11 PM and all I can say is that I love Bastrop!! I had a very fast and furious two days, but it was wonderful.

I got all of my stuff dumped into my office and now a great project of moving and sorting all of my stuff to set up my office awaits me in July. I love the color blue they painted my office - it's going to be a beautiful place to work!

I love, love my AP. I think we are going to be a great team and we will make our school an awesome place to work and learn!

I got my living arrangements settled: apartment, utilities, Maude's registration. My apartment is so cute and I have a garage close by, so that all worked out very well.

I met the administrative team for the district and I'm excited to get to know them all and work with them. They seem like a top notch group of people. I already LOVE the elementary principals and know that we will make a great team - one not to be messed with!

And as much as I worry about Bastrop being so small, I loved it. It has a lot for a town that size and there are so many neat little shops and restaurants, it'll be so much fun to show people that come and visit. Yes, sushi and Hobby Lobby are now a 30 minute drive, but it means less impulse shopping, which is a good thing.

I made the right decision to head south in July.

No comments: