Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day Four of No Facebook and I'm Feeling Fine!!!

So, I spent too much time on Facebook. I was using it as a way to try and stay involved in what was going on back home. I would read and scroll, read and scroll, trying to figure out what was going on in everyone's life.

I cut the cord. Sunday night at 8 PM. It's been 98.5 hours and I'm actually doing okay. Only once have I thought about reactivating my account. Instead, I've read two books, finished a scrapbook, started working on my guest room closet and getting it organized, played more and walked my dog more, gone out to dinner with friends twice, and joined an organization in town.

Instead of holding on to my old life by a toe-hold, this week I've been busy building my new life here in Bastrop. And it feels great! I think eventually I will get back on - there are just too many old friends and family members that are on FB to not have it as a resource. But at least it won't be the only thing I do at night and/or on the weekends.

But until then... I've got to finish my book for my trip to Dallas on Tuesday and I want to get my guest closet completely finished. I've got to catch up on Netflix too... it's been way too long... must find out what is going on with Don Draper and the gang........

PS - Yesterday marks two months since I moved here. I'm glad to be here, it was a good choice for me. I'm looking forward to a long career here!

1 comment:

momof2 said...

I went to write on your wall today so I could tell you about the dream I had about you and couldn't find you. I thought you'd fallen off the earth!