Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm baaaackkkkkkk!!!!!

Were you wondering if I fell off the face of the Earth?

These past 5 weeks have been intense and crazy!! Finally, school has started and we've got teachers and students settled (at least I think). I've had friends and family come and visit. I've learned more about my town and am ready to start getting out and exploring the other communities close by.

My life has been much quieter since moving to Bastrop. I don't have as many friends locally, so I've been spending some time by myself. And it's been good. I've been doing some thinking. I've been trying to work through some of the hurt and anger I've been feeling. I've learned who my true, real friends are and I'm thankful for them. I think I appreciate them much more than I may have in the past. Instead of focusing on the hurt, I've tried to let go. I've started making goals for short and long term. This move changed a few of my goals, so it's been to good to think about them and how they have evolved.

Even though it's September, it's like a new year for me. Here are some of my goals:

1. Get out and explore.... Smithville, Elgin, Luling, Lockhart, Austin, Round Rock, Johnson City, Fredericksburg.....
2. Sign up for superintendency certifications at Texas State. I'm not going to be a principal forever.
3. Buy a new car - I LOVE having no car payments, but I'm not sure how much longer little Jiggablue is gonna go. I'm not sure what I want, I think a Honda CRV or a Ford Edge. Must go look and make some decisions.
4. Full physical - while I've got my glaucoma under control and I've ruled out bad cholesterol and diabetes, I need to check my heart and lose weight.
5. Get out and volunteer, meet people, and get involved in the community.
6. Stay open to all opportunities, even ones that I might not have considered six months ago.

This move has been a great way to stop and look at my life and make changes. My life is just one big change right now. No complacency allowed!!

If you could make one big change in your life, what would it be? Who would you become? What would you do differently?

No comments: