Saturday, September 25, 2010

Easy A (2010)

I needed some laughter after a crazy busy week, so I decided to head over to the neighborhood Chestnut Square to see Easy A.

Okay, it's been 20+ years since I was in high school, but I enjoy high school movies even now. This is the story of Olive (Emma Stone, who I think is adorable), who because of a spread rumor, is thought to be the head hoochie mama at her high school.

The plot is good, and the characters are funny. Her parents (Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci) are hysterical. I also liked Thomas Haden Church (UNT alum, woot woot) as the English teacher.

My favorite part of the movie was probably the music. They had "Don't You Forget About Me" from the Simple Minds as well as a remake. They also had the song that was at the end of 16 Candles, when Samantha walks out of the church and Jake is waiting for her - it's a remake too, but if you listen, you will recognize it. They also did a brief homage to the John Hughes genre of 80's movies, which as you know, makes me a very happen person.

If you want a funny movie that you will enjoy, then "Easy A" is an easy choice.

Mo's Review:
Easy A (2010): 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: