Saturday, September 18, 2010

Eat Pray Love (2010)

As I continue with the no-FB pledge, I've had a busy day. Slept in, then went to our new HS dedication to show my support for the principal and my friend, Russell. It's a beautiful campus and it took me back to almost 2 years ago when there was a dedication for the new campus that I opened. It's hard to believe it's only been 2 years.... wow!

I ran a few errands, drove by work and tied up a few loose ends, then decided to go see "Eat Pray Love." I loved the book and I've had the chance to hear Elizabeth Gilbert speak about two years ago in Richardson. What a phenomenal woman!

I loved the movie and I thought Julia Roberts really did a good job as Elizabeth. I laughed and I cried, I could relate to a lot of the movie. I was ready to go find Felipe if she hadn't gone back to him. Of course, when your love interests are played by Billy Crudup, James Franco, and Javier Bardem, life isn't too bad!

While I don't know that I'm finding myself, I'm finding myself trying to live more in the moment and enjoy now. Let the past stay where it is, quit worrying so much about the future and just enjoy the now. Since I've done that this week, in just ONE week, it's been amazing. I've had plans for three nights, I've read, talked to friends, played with my dog and just enjoyed.

It's been great..... and I look forward to my life to continue to evolve and develop over time. If you've read the book, the movie is a must see. If you haven't read the book, the movie is still enjoyable.

Mo's Review:
Eat Pray Love (2010): 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: