Thursday, September 23, 2010

Maude's Living the High Life!!

So while I did my brief jaunt into Dallas, I had to board Maude. I was a little nervous bc I've always boarded her with Karen, who knows and understands Maude. But I had a few recommendations for "Best Friends Too," so I thought I'd give them a whirl.

I went out there a couple of weeks ago to check out the place. All I can say is WOW!?!!?! They have cabins for the dogs (either 8 x 8 or 5 x 8) and each dog has her own fenced in yard. The bigger cabins come with flat screen TVs. The cabins are air conditioned. The yard area is covered and has a mister.

The cabins form a semi circle around a bone shaped pool and a play area. This is like doggie paradise!! I was worried that Maude wouldn't want to come home when I got back.

She loved it! I took her on Monday afternoon and dropped her off. She ran from me and ran right into the play area. I started crying (this is my child after all) and she came back and jumped on me before she left. It was like she knew that I needed that affirmation from her. I called Tuesday morning to check on her. They said she was doing great and was a good girl (I knew this!!). When I came and picked her up, they had bathed her and clipped her toe nails.... and put on a cute bandana. She looked so pretty!!

This place isn't cheap - $32/night where I'm used to paying $20. But they take excellent care of Maude and she was so tired when she got home, she crashed for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Now I've got a boarding place, I need to find a vet. Step by step, we are getting settled here........

1 comment:

unt grad said...

I'm glad you're getting settled. I am very envious of you the opportunity to go and try new places. I'm glad it's working out. I've got a couple of friends in Austin who like sushi, so I"ll ask them if they know of any place.