Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

I'm excited that I've been able to join a Book Club! I love reading and I love talking about books with people who love to read. So this was the first book since I've joined the Club.

I don't always like to read dog books (like Marley & Me) because they usually make me cry and get upset. I can't imagine anything happening to Maude, nor do I want to.

This story is unique in how it is presented - it's the story (of multiple lives) of a dog. The dog first is a stray and you learn what happens to him. The dog is then reborn to a new family. The dog has two more reincarnations and the last one is so poignant and a great way to end the story.

I laughed and I cried while I read this book - I knocked it out in two days because I couldn't put it down. If you are a dog person, then this is a great read for you.

Mo's Review:
"A Dog's Life" by W. Bruce Cameron (2010, 319 pages): 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: