Thursday, February 10, 2011

I don't understand Girl Scout Cookies in Central Texas....

So this is my first Girl Scout cookie experience in Central Texas. One of the bonuses is that you can start getting cookies in January, where in North Texas, you can't score the goods before February.

But I was surprised when I got the order form. I was actually confused. The names didn't make any sense to me. These are not the same Girl Scout cookies that I ate back at home. Or are they?

Let's do some examples:

North Texas: Samoas
Central Texas: Caramel deLites
Why the name change? I'm a little confused - why can't they have the same name? Why does the Central Texas name more descriptive?

North Texas: Trefoils
Central Texas: Shortbread
Okay, I was a Girl Scout in the 70's. They were called Trefoils then and they still are in N. Texas. Central Texas again states the obvious, duh.... we know they are shortbread.

North Texas: Tagalongs
Central Texas: Peanut Butter Patties
Now that just doesn't even sound good. Get me some "Peanut Butter Patties!" They are Tagalongs!! My post from a couple of years ago would not be near as funny if I had called them Peanut Butter Patties.

North Texas: Thin Mints
Central Texas: Thin Mints
Well, here we go - a name that's the same. But the cookie is thin and mint flavored, so I guess North Texas acquiesed to Central Texas here. Maybe so they wouldn't feel so bad that they have such simplistic names........

I'm sorry, as a Girl Scout alumnae, I will use the appropriate North Texas cookie names. Does anyone else think this is as weird as I do?

2 comments:

unt grad said...

I ordered online. It was interesting.

Linda said...

LOL! This made me laugh. The CT names are just...so...OBVIOUS-- like we'd never be able to figure out which cookie we were ordering unless someone told us EXACTLY what the ingredients were in the cookie name!! I definitely dig the traditional GS cookie names!