Saturday, February 19, 2011

True Grit (2010)

The Oscars are just a week away and I still have a few more films that I want and need to see. This was one of them. I hesitated to see it because I have gotten mixed reviews from several of my friends.

So I headed to the Chestnut Square today to see this movie. I love that you can do a movie and snacks for like $12 - the price is right!! The theater is not the fanciest, but it's functional!

True Grit is a remake of the film with John Wayne, but it's very different. It's more based on the book (which I've purchased and plan to read soon). It was a great story about a young girl, Mattie, who hires Marshall Rooster Cogburn (Jeff Bridges) to help her find the man who killed her dad. Texas Ranger LaBouef (Matt Damon) is also searching for the same man, so they work together and they don't. Matt Damon is great in this role.

I don't really like westerns, but I loved this movie. I thought it was great. Jeff Bridges is great (of course, I still think about the Against All Odds Jeff Bridges) but I do like his older, rougher side. And it's not a new western unless you have Josh Brolin in it.

The girl who played Mattie was incredible - she is only 14? Wow!!!

If you haven't seen True Grit, go for it!! You'll love it!!

Mo's Review:
"True Grit" (2010): 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: