Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Most Excellent Birthday!!

Today was my 39th Birthday!! Happy Birthday to me!! I guess now is the big countdown until I turn 40! I was surprised that I wasn't upset or feeling funky about this year's birthday. Actually, I was more like "Bring 40 on - I'm ready!"

My sister Sarah and her hubby Mike took me for a most unusual birthday meal. We went to the House of Blues for their Gospel Brunch. All I can say is that I highly recommend it! Ever since living in Tallahassee, I've had a thing for gospel music. I'm sure working in a predominantly black school had something to do with that.

So we brave the heat and head down to the House of Blues. While waiting, we enjoy a quick cocktail and then head inside. Sarah got us fabulous seats - right along the front. Great view!

The food was phenomenal! Waffles, eggs, hash browns, fruit, fried chicken, mac'n'cheese, desserts... the list could go on! I was worried about how my recovering stomach might handle everything! (Ed.'s note: No colon blows happened as a result of this lunch.) So we sat and ate for a while, then the music began!

These people could sing! It was awesome! For the last song, they called up the birthday people, so I got to go up there. They gave me a necklace and a bag of goodies, then we had to sing and dance with them. Sarah got pulled from the audience and so she was up on stage with me! It was so much fun!
What a great way to remember my 39th B-Day!!


No comments: