Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vacation Time is Almost Here!!

I only have two more days of work!! I'm so excited, then I have 3.5 weeks off for summer! When I became principal, my summer got cut in half, but that's okay.... when I have too much time off, I tend to make bad choices.

On Tuesday, Norma and I are leaving for our road trip to South Dakota. Why South Dakota? Why not? On my bucket list, I've always wanted to go to Mount Rushmore on the 4th of July. I think it would be majestic. It's a part of the country I've never seen.

Originally, Sigh Sister Betty and I were going to do this trip. But, it didn't work out and I was beginning to think I'd go by myself when Norma told me she'd always wanted to go! So now I have a travelling buddy - woo hoo!!

I don't know how long we'll be gone - I capped it at two weeks because I don't want Maude boarded for longer than that. So we'll either go till we run out of time, money, or room in the car for our junk!

I've been trying to find neat places to see, things to do, places to eat, and places to stay. So at least we'll have a list if we want/need it while we are on the road.

I'm contemplating taking my computer and blogging from the road. At the very least, I'll update my Facebook and let people know where we are and what's next for us.

But here's the best part of the trip. The highs this week in South Dakota? 70's!! And the lows? Upper 50's? Doesn't that sound divine?????

Watch out Middle America - here comes Norma and Mo!!

No comments: