Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Return of Roland and Sylvia..... oh, and The Wizard of Oz.....

So it was time for our second trip to the Dallas Summer Musicals yesterday. D and I were excited about seeing "The Wizard of Oz." I had to work, then rush home to take care of Maude. D picked me up and we stopped for a quick bit at Uncle Julio's before heading downtown.

We had brought our tickets to "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" which is our next musical on June 30th. I will be out of town, but I still had no interest in seeing it, neither did D. So we were going to trade them for another show or see if we could upgrade our seats for one of the upcoming shows. No such luck. Our options were to try and sell back, change dates, or lose the money. We decided that since we did not want to see the show, D would give the tickets to her sister-in-law who sounded kind of excited about the show. Enjoy the tickets, Ellie - maybe you won't hate me so much since I've done something kind!

We get inside and get to our seats, and who do I see.... Roland and Sylvia!! I'm just so excited to see them after 8 months. They had to trade nights for Happy Days and that's why we didn't get to see them that night. But they are back!! It was great catching up and we realized that we have some friends in common.

I felt bad for D. The Gay Sarcastic Commentary Duo were nowhere to be found. I'm wondering if they gave up their seats - I'll be sad because I really enjoyed them. They made me laugh. If you don't mind, say a prayer that they will show up for the next show.

The musical was really good!! The special effects (especially the tornado) were pretty incredible for a stage show. The cast was great and it was an enjoyable show. I would highly recommend it (especially if you have kids) and I would go see it again in a heartbeat.

On the way home, we listened to the new Black-Eyed Peas CD. I absolutely loved it!! (Ed.'s note: My birthday is June 28 and this would make a fabulous gift. I'm just saying is all.)

Since we bailed on the Chitty Bang, our next show will be July 14th - "A Chorus Line!!!!" I'm so excited about this one - takes me back to my Ursuline days when our drill team performed "One" - we were so awesome!!

No comments: